Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May in the United States. We honor and show our love for Mom with cards, flowers, candy and gifts, celebratory dinners, and spending family time with her.
Have you ever wondered how other parts of the world celebrate Mom?
- France – “fetes des meres” is celebrated on the fourth Sunday in May and in much the same way we do here in the U.S.
- United Kingdom – the U.K. observes Mothering Sunday (the fourth Sunday of Lent) beginning as early as the 16th century and was originally celebrated with families coming together to attend church.
- Mexico – May 10th – no matter which day of the week it falls on – is the busiest day of the year for restaurants in Mexico according to the national association of restaurateurs. The day is filled with music, food, and celebrations. Mothers are often treated to a morning mariachi serenade of “Las Mananitas” (The Mornings).
- Egypt – along with several other Arab countries, Mother’s Day coincides with the first day of spring, March 21, and is a day of gift-giving and celebration.
- Countries abroad who have adopted the observance of Mother’s Day on the same date and in a similar manner as the United States include Japan, China, and India.
Show Mom the love and share the joy with some Popped Perfect
Break out the family album, the old home movies and gather the folks. While you’re sharing funny stories and fond memories treat yourselves to a snack made with love. At Popped Perfect, we have many different options available including:
- Purchasing your favorite flavor in a growing number of Northwest Arkansas locations
- Purchasing a gift card to allow your loved ones to choose their own flavors
- Purchasing an online bundle to be shipped anywhere in the United States.